Thursday, July 13, 2006

So maybe I got a little worked up and cried

Ar and I just got back from Bed Bath and Beyond (thanks to the folks at FUV who gave me a gift certificate there on my last day) and I was quickly putting away the stuff we got for the kitchen (cabinet shelves, trash can, dish towels) when a COCKROACH comes running out from under the sink. Yes -- I screamed for Ar (who may have been taking a shit at that particular moment). But I panicked.

Fiona sort of tried to catch it, but she was also sort of afraid of it. She'd run up to it, and then run away... a lot of help that did me! So Ar finally got to the kitchen and the cockroach had ran back behind the fridge where it came from... still alive. I was upset, but not too bad. I continued putting away my stuff... opened the bottom drawer to put the towels away and what did I see? A DEAD COCKROACH!!!! I didnt scream this time, I totally whined. Now I was worked up. Ar came in and disposed of the 'body' and had a little chuckle at how upset I was (which is ok because I'm sure I was overreacting). I then got all upset and cried. Because up north we dont have cockroaches. At least no where that I ever lived. Apparently they aren't all that abnormal here... but that doesnt mean I have to like it.

No comments: