Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Thank Goodness for Food Source

I've been a big ole slacker. So I'll attempt to give a breif update...

I am jobless. The meat selling job just didn't work out for me. Long story... but I quit that job.

I've been keeping myself busy helping one of Ar's customers get his new condo in order. Somewhat of a personal organizer. It's a pretty sweet gig until I find a nice little 9-5 to pay the bills (and benefits!!).

I've been settling into Charlotte. It's a great town... the people are awesome, and it's pretty sweet getting to see Ar everyday.

I did have a bit of a scare when I came to the realization that there were no Whole Foods in Charlotte. And I've been in desperate need of my favorite dressing: Cindy's Kitchen: Fat Free Balsalmic Vinigrette. So I called around to a few 'organic' food stores and none of them had even heard of it. I was totally bummed. But then Ar's boss mentioned Food Source, so I looked them up, gave them a call and they carry it! So of course I made a trip there this afternoon. Not only did they have that, but they also had Stacey's Pita chips (a must), Puffins for a reasonable price (they're like 5 bucks at Harris Teeter and its a small box), Ak-mak, and good veggie burgers! So I was in my glory... and was just super happy to have found all the things I've been looking for at the grocery store.

So no need to worry, I'm doing just fine down here in NC. Now if I could just find a job...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeannie
Sorry I haven't been around. Avoiding my blog b/c the EX checkes it out and has been trying to contact... so not into that. I have been on the bike and have a little jaunt planned for later today. I'm glad to hear everything is going well (kinda) in Carolina. (I lost your e-mail hence the psudo e-mail letter update thing in the comment section).
Ali