Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Happy Suzie-Q

I got in trouble this weekend because I never blog anymore... so I'm going to try to be good this week! Sometimes I just don't have anything to say. But who are we kidding? I always have something to say!

I feel like I've had a super productive day because I got up at 7 this morning and took my car in to get my 80,000 mile (yeah -- I've only had my car for 2.5 years too) tune-up. So I hung out at Madison Honda while they fixed up Suzie-Q (my car if you couldn't figure it out). Then stopped at Starbucks on my way to work and got a latte! What a great way to start the day.


(This is totally a cop out picture as I just realized I have no pictures of my car! So this is compliements of google images.)

I realized today though that I have over 83,000 miles on my car. So let's assume that all those miles were done at 70mph (which I'm sure they werent as I spend WAAAY too much time sitting in traffic)... that means I've spent 1,185 hours plus driving my car. Because I'm really the only person who drives it. And if I'm not driving - I'm in the passenger seat. That's 57 days!!! Practically 2 full months out of the past 2.5 years have been spent in my car! Wow.

Should we talk about gas mileage? Ok -- I get around 30 mpg/highway. Which is where I'm usually driving. So 83,000 miles at 30mpg is about 2,766 gallons of gas. Let just pretend that the average price of gas for the past 2.5 years was $1.80 (which again is probably a lot lower than reality)... I've spent about $4,980 on gas. WOW.



...and I thought I didnt have anything to say...

No comments: